Friday, December 13, 2013

finals week is the best.

finals week just might be the best week of our lives. 

okay? WOAH! 

Just hear me out. 

Finals week sucks a lot. Multiple test in a week, hours of studying, hours of writing, hours of  putting together final projects, and hours of STRESS. However, here are a few reasons why finals week just might be a good week for all students involved. (I am really into list lately)

  •  During this dreadful week you can use finals as an excuse for just about anything. Why am I late for work? Oh I am so sorry, its finals week and I am just trying to make it through college so I can trade this minimum wage job for an actual salary job and not have to sell my body for quick cash. Why do I need to have this whole cookie cake to myself? Its finals week and I deserve it. Why do I need a 10 AM shot of vodka?- finals week. 


  • Your room is the cleanest it has ever been. Procrastination at its best ladies and gents. As you sit down to study, you remember that "Oh, I forgot to clean the lint off my window blinds" or "I forgot to make my bed exactly like the maids do it at a hotel" 
  • You get to have study groups with classmates that you probably didn't talk to all semester but suddenly need their notes or their expertise. You guys get together to study but mostly it turns into a bitch fest about the inadequacies of your poor professor or you guys bond over the guy in the 3rd row of the class who ALWAYS smells so bad. 
      • "I thought I was the only one who noticed?!" "No! I always smell him"

  • It is likely that you can park anywhere on campus and not get a ticket. This might be only my experience but I parked in staff parking twice this week, once to turn in a paper and once to take a final; I never got a ticket. However, both task did take me about 10 seconds... (even the final) but it should be a nation wide campus law that tickets are not given during finals week.

  • You are allowed to wear your most unflattering, most comfortable clothes and no one can judge you.  So go ahead, wear that oversized shirt with prairie dog on it; wear it loud and proud to class because honestly you love wearing it at home, so why not get away with it during finals week. 

  • On that note, with your comfortable clothes on your back- you are completely allowed to look as zombie-ish as possible. No make up. Hair a mess. Bags under eyes. Probably Hallucinating from the lack of sleep, but Hey its okay. In the real world we will never be allowed to have a stressful week and look like walking dead-- so bask in that finals week glory.  



It really is a great week because we are allowed to be as lazy as ever while being the most productive we have been all semester. Just a bunch of confusion and a lot of coffee. 


Cheers! 
xoxo

Sierra 



No comments:

Post a Comment