Wednesday, April 17, 2013


To the Girl Who Works at Starbucks Down the Street From My House on Del Mar Heights Road, I Swear to God I’m Not a Stalker
When I asked you for a chai latte, what I meant to say was, ”I was walking past, I saw you in the window. I only came in here, because I had to know what your voice sounded like.” But instead of saying that.. Instead of saying that, I got really nervous and ordered the first thing on the menu, I don’t even know what the fuck “chai” is.. Or a latte for that matter. When God made you, He cussed for the first time. He turned to an angel, gave him a high five and said, “Goddamn, I’m good.” You are that beautiful. I spent the last five days trying to figure out how I’m gonna introduce myself to you properly, and I think I’ve finally figured it out, it’s gonna be something like, “Hi..” That’s all I got so far, but I think it’s a good start. You see, I want that my friends think I’m crazy kind of love, that reckless kind of love, that wake up early make you breakfast kind of love, that crack open my life and say look you gotta see this kind of love, forget the shallow stuff, I want the deepest kind of love, that I want to stay up and tell you all my secrets kind of love, that every time I see you, I fall to pieces kind of love, I want that stand next to me kind of love, that you are my destiny kind of love, that no matter what happens, you always get the best of me kind of love, that you get my heart and my mind, this world gets the rest of me kind of love, that invest in me kind of love, because you already know that I’m invested in you kind of love, that you come home upset, you don’t have to say nothing, I already know what to do kind of love. I want.. I want love.
-Rudy Francisco

No comments:

Post a Comment