Tuesday, August 6, 2013

back to the simple life


Wow.
What a summer.
I have been thinking about this post —  all summer. I tried to predict what I would feel or what I say– I would recite clever lines in my head like “the rest is still unwritten” or “I am in love with the art of performance” just silly lines to fuel my final CALIFORNIA post. But honestly– I am at a loss for words. I have been back for a little while and it has taken me a lot longer to talk about my feelings than I ever expected.
The summer opened my eyes to a completely different world. A world that is dirty, expensive, full of traffic– but so overwhelmingly beautiful. I am so beyond blessed to have experienced this. I SAW KRISTEN WIIG IN REAL LIFE PERFORMING. That was a life goal and I accomplished it. I have said I wanted to move to L.A. since I was a little girl and all my childhood friends can vouch for that. I wanted to take classes at The Groundlings– DONE. I wanted to live in L.A. and I did it. I can say now that  I am back it is kind of like a reverse culture shock. California feels like a dream or like some alternate universe  I made up in my head. Its very strange.
So, what will I do now… That is what is scary, I am always working toward something– or having a plan for what my future holds and at this very moment I can only say WHO THE HELL KNOWS.
I know I want to take more IMPROV  classes. I know I want to be as talented as The Groundlings  I saw performing all summer and  I am confident that with training and heart I can do that. I want to check out Chicago and see how I like that city. Maybe I will end up back in California.
For now I am back.. and I am going to take little steps to inspire that goal setting soul I have. I am excited for my final year of college, so much good to come.
Cheers!
Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment