Monday, July 8, 2013

Currently exploring California


Hello Hello!
Please excuse my absence from this blog, I am afraid my days have gotten so busy I have neglected all inspirational writing thoughts and went about my happy way experiencing California.
I am sitting in Pam’s cute bungalow as I write this post. The cool breeze is coming in this non air conditioned space and I can move my arms to touch almost every furniture piece. I am listening to cars drive pass and sirens in the distance- if I walk down the road I could run into the homeless man who stays in the same dark spot mumbling words to himself and protecting his shopping cart full of goods- If I walked into the shop near him I could find gas that is almost $5.00 a gallon and overpriced candy bars–  I could say that this is very L.A.
But I have learned that much like the people in this city, the perspective of L.A. is a wide range of prospectives. To travelers- Seeing celebrities, going to the beach, walking down Hollywood Blvd and pursing a creative career is very L.A. To bitter residents- SO MUCH TRAFFIC, dirty streets, nasty smog and cold people is very L.A. To others- drinking coffee, bumming WIFI, dressing well, meeting a wide variety of people, having so much opportunity is very L.A.
Only being here a little over a month I cannot tell you what  I identify as L.A. but I can share with you my perspective so far- I can also share with you what I have been up to!
In-N-Out is for sure everything is it cracked up to be– If you get the chance to eat there do it. Perfection on a bun.
Marissa and I were lucky enough to meet these fine gentleman in a bar called Piano Bar one night. They were on vacation to L.A. from Scottland. We hung out with them randomly for their stay and now I think we can call them friends. Together we visited Santa Monica Pier, random bars and Mark ( the blonde one) got us into a VIP, exclusive club one night which was a great experience. Meeting them will be in the books for the summer we lived in Los Angeles.
L.A. just has all this inspirational quotes everywhere: walls, side walks, bar bathroom stalls
Venice Beach looks exactly like it does in the video game Grand Theft Auto, minus people getting killed and cars getting hijacked. Along the board walk there is a whole  strip of crazy shops and people.
Santa Monica Pier.
Just being grade A models at Malibu beach
One night a regular customer at Marissa’s work invited us to a Hollywood album release party. It had a disco ball, tacos and free mini margaritas– below is a picture of the cute drinks and Marissa being fabulous.
We also went to DisneyLand for the Fourth of July. It was great! Marissa and I were running around like 4 year olds and that was completely okay in The Happiest Place on Earth.
This is the only thing that made me a little mad about Disneyland– I know this isn’t really needed and nothing will ever come of my rant but here it goes. Ariel or as i’d like to call her, female dog dressed as Ariel– was kind of a bitch. There I said it. Sure, its a little weird that Marissa and I stood in line with toddlers dressed as various disney princesses to get a picture with you but sorry we grew up with an Ariel that was nice and had a beautiful voice. Sure we felt a little awkward when we came to the conclusion that you are probably are age but we were trying to make the best of our Disneyland experience. Sleeping Beauty didn’t mind at all– nor did Mickey Mouse.
So thanks Ariel.
I wasn’t that happy to see you anyway– im not worked up about it at all……..
We went snorkeling in San Diego and looked like total dorks.
So… I guess from my perspective.. taking happiness, frustration and the unknown in, looking at things with an open mind and going into things flying by the seat of your pants is very L.A.
but mostly it is very Sierra and I think thats the most important thing to be.
Cheers!
Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment