Monday, September 15, 2014

the inevitable why.

So many people have asked me why I decided to travel- I usually say "I just graduated from college and I'm not entirely sure what is next for me so I just wanted to travel" -

In saying that, I usually get kind of an "Eat, Pray Love" life finding idea of the person I am to strangers I meet. Which brings me to a weird thought process because I did not plan this trip with intention of finding myself, I feel like I am young enough to be unsure of who I am so I have yet to lose myself in a relationship or a job or just a lifeless moment. I am still free of the things in life that bring you down to an unforseeable return. 

I did not just go through a divorce; nor did I wake up one day needing something new. I just decided to travel- just to do it. I have learned a lot about myself with out even knowing that I needed to learn anything. I now know that I can get completely lost in city and keep my cool. I love to walk aimlessly around and I enjoy that more than the usual touristy type of things to do. 

I am now certain that I love theatre and the world that surrounds it. I know that the most painful injury is on a huge burn on your bum after you sit on a hot curling iron. I know that people are kind and if you meet the right ones they will look out for you. I have learned that I want to be a part of everyones story even if it is just for a split second. I have learned that I smile at everyone almost by habit and sometimes I come off creepy.  4 days is the maxium I can go without changing my clothes or showering before I feel like a nasty ball of grubbiness. The best moments I have had are just enjoying the atmosphere of a new place. 

Tonight I walked to the city center of Brussels- it is called the Grand-Place Grote Market. It is a nicely lit square with shops, cafes, street performers and the beautful sounds of different languages. As cliche as it sounds the small moments are the most enjoyable. 



Music has started to mean more to me than I ever thought it would. If I am ever feeling lost or alone I just put in my headphones and go back to the tunes that make me the happiest. Sometimes I reach for a little indie wild child slow ukulele music and sometimes I go directly to Katy Perry channeling my #npatb crew and pretend they are by my side. Also; there is nothing more beautiful than all different people from opposite sides of the world coming together with a Beyonce song. 

this experience is golden. 

Cheers! 
Sierra 

No comments:

Post a Comment