Saturday, May 3, 2014

Enjoying your own city

I follow a blog called Two Thirds Hazel  and she did a link up post about being a tourist in your own city. I thought I would join in on the fun  because I rarely explore Edmond or any city close to Edmond for that matter.

This post inspired me to not only be a tourist in Edmond but also explore
parts of  OKC and Tulsa this summer as a way to enjoy all the fun things Oklahoma offers. (Be on the look out for future post much like this one) 

My friend Andy joined me on this little adventure today and she was my model throughout the afternoon. 

We started at Evoke. I don't think this was being like a tourist really because I cannot get enough of Evoke (I have almost been there every day this week) but we thought it was a good starting point and if you have never been to Edmond it really is a great place to enjoy a cup of coffee in a swanky atmosphere. 

My roommates have visited Evoke for brunch before and they tell me the mimosa's are to die for. Also, Evoke has an amaze balls waffle sandwich. 


After Evoke, we wandered right into an antique shop. I work at a hotel and on the weekend old cute couples will come to Edmond just to go to antique shops. Apparently, the shops alone are with the trip. 





Although Andy and I didn't buy anything it was fun to look around. The store has so much stuff. 

They next place we decided to go was a cupcake shop called Pinkitzel. 



There is so much more than just cupcakes at Pinkitzel 

I ended up buying these groovy pants at Pinkitzel! 

We ended our lovely adventure at Hafer Park- its a fun park for a nice stroll on a nice day. 


Well... I feel like this post was sufficiently awkward-- First of all I am not a photographer and second of all I am not very good at informational post but if I want to share my trips to come, I need to get better at sharing and pictures. 


Cheers! 








No comments:

Post a Comment